- Multimedia Archive
- Classes & Trips
- Book Groups
- Supported Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Writing Workshops
- Be Your Own Editor: How to Edit Your Own Work
- Grab the Reader at Go
- In the Beginning: Get Your Manuscript Off to a Great Start! A
- In the Beginning: Get Your Manuscript Off to a Great Start! B
- Memoir Writing: Possible Moral, Ethical & Legal Issues
- Mixed Level Memoir Writing Workshop
- Right Brain Writing
- Writing for Middle Grade & Young Adult
- Politics & Place
- Close Reads: Classics & Contemporary
- Fiction & Form
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- District Lines
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
Sneakers, the Seaside Cat (Hardcover)
Not currently shipping from publisher – Subject to future availability
Sneakers saw something.
It was yellow and pink on the outside....
Then he crept up to it and
On Sneakers' first trip to the seaside, his curious paws find surprises in the sand. There's a mischievous crab, playful shrimp, and a shell that echoes the roar of the ocean.
The lyrical prose of Margaret Wise Brown, beloved author of Goodnight Moon, and the masterful miniaturist paintings of Anne Mortimer perfectly capture the spirit and essence of one lone feline and the sea, too. Adapted from stories in the 1955 publication of Sneakers Seven Stories About a Cat, this picture book will find a happy home in the hearts of those who love cats and the seaside.
About the Author
Few writers have been as attuned to the concerns and emotions of childhood as Margaret Wise Brown (1910-1952). A graduate of Hollins College and the progressive Bank Street College of Education, she combined her literary aspirations with the study of child development. Her unique ability to see the world through a child's eyes is unequaled. Her many classic books continue to delight thousands of young listeners and readers year after year.