- Multimedia Archive
- Classes & Trips
- Book Groups
- Supported Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Writing Workshops
- Be Your Own Editor: How to Edit Your Own Work
- Grab the Reader at Go
- In the Beginning: Get Your Manuscript Off to a Great Start! A
- In the Beginning: Get Your Manuscript Off to a Great Start! B
- Memoir Writing: Possible Moral, Ethical & Legal Issues
- Mixed Level Memoir Writing Workshop
- Right Brain Writing
- Writing for Middle Grade & Young Adult
- Politics & Place
- Close Reads: Classics & Contemporary
- Fiction & Form
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- District Lines
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
Where Have You Been? (Hardcover)
Not currently shipping from publisher – Subject to future availability
Where has the Little Old Cat been?
To see this and that
Said the Little Old Cat . . .
Where does the Little Old Fish swim?
Wherever I wish
Said the Little Old Fish . . .
Have you also wondered where a cat or a squirrel has been or where a bird flies or a whale sails? How about why a bunny runs? With playful, rhyming verse, where have you been? perfectly captures the wonderful, wise questions that children ask every day.
The treasured text by Margaret Wise Brown, author of goodnight moon, has been newly illustrated by two-time Caldecott Medalists Leo and Diane Dillon, creating a picture-book classic that children will love to see, to hear, and to read again and again.
About the Author
Few writers have been as attuned to the concerns and emotions of childhood as Margaret Wise Brown (1910-1952). A graduate of Hollins College and the progressive Bank Street College of Education, she combined her literary aspirations with the study of child development. Her unique ability to see the world through a child's eyes is unequaled. Her many classic books continue to delight thousands of young listeners and readers year after year.