- Multimedia Archive
- Classes & Trips
- Book Groups
- Supported Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Writing Workshops
- Be Your Own Editor: How to Edit Your Own Work
- Grab the Reader at Go
- In the Beginning: Get Your Manuscript Off to a Great Start! A
- In the Beginning: Get Your Manuscript Off to a Great Start! B
- Memoir Writing: Possible Moral, Ethical & Legal Issues
- Mixed Level Memoir Writing Workshop
- Right Brain Writing
- Writing for Middle Grade & Young Adult
- Politics & Place
- Close Reads: Classics & Contemporary
- Fiction & Form
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- District Lines
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
The Fierce Yellow Pumpkin (Hardcover)
Not currently shipping from publisher – Subject to future availability
There was once a small pumpkin
in a great big field,
A very small green pumpkin
the size of an apple.
The little pumpkin dreams that one day he will grow up to be a fierce yellow pumpkin who scares the field mice, like the scarecrow does.
Then one day in autumn, three children come to his field, and he unexpectedly gets the chance for his dream to come true. . . .
This long-lost treasure from the author of Goodnight Moon has never before been published. Who Better to bring it to life than Caldecott Medalist Richard Egielski? His rich, warm illustrations are the perfect complement to the inimitable words of Margaret Wise Brown.
About the Author
Few writers have been as attuned to the concerns and emotions of childhood as Margaret Wise Brown (1910-1952). A graduate of Hollins College and the progressive Bank Street College of Education, she combined her literary aspirations with the study of child development. Her unique ability to see the world through a child's eyes is unequaled. Her many classic books continue to delight thousands of young listeners and readers year after year.