- Book Groups
- Classes & Trips
- Offsite Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Winter Classes
- "What's Love Got To Do With It?": A History of Marriage
- Arthurian Women
- Bridging the Partisan Divide
- Cloaked Trajectory: Tracking the Modern Spy Novel
- Edith Wharton
- Expatriate Literature: Americans Abroad
- From Main Street to Lake Wobegon: Sinclair Lewis, Garrison Keillor, and Life in Small Town America
- In the Beginning: Get Your Novel/Story/Memoir Off to a Great Start!
- Inside The Best American Poetry 2013
- Knitting the New Lace
- Make Your Own Passover Haggadah with DipTwice
- Master Class: Memoir Manuscript Workshop
- Memoir Writing Workshop (Mixed Level)
- Memoir Writing Workshop: Version 2.0
- Ralph Ellison: Invisible & Visible
- Shakespeare in Washington: Richard III and Henry IV, Part 1
- Text and Performance: Three Contemporary Plays
- The Poetry of Seamus Heaney
- Understanding Middle East Politics through Literature
- Workshop with NYT bestselling author Cara Black: We'll Always Have Paris...: Constructing an International Setting
- Writing and Rewriting Huck
- Winter Classes
- Book Printing
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
Emeril's There's a Chef in My Family!: Recipes to Get Everybody Cooking (Hardcover)
Not currently shipping from publisher – Subject to future availability
Chef Emeril Lagasse's first step into the kitchen with kids -- Emeril's There's a Chef in My Soup!: Recipes for the Kid in Everyone -- showed that chefs come in all ages, and how, with a little help from adults, kids can make meals that sizzle! Now Chef Emeril is back with a new cookbook for the whole family. Hey, Chef Emeril knows that the best place to get a family together is in the kitchen. And when you're cooking together as a family, every meal is a guaranteed crowd pleaser!
Chef Emeril includes recipes for every meal of the day -- plus snacks, holiday meals, and party treats -- so the possibilities are truly endless. With sides and optionalingredients galore, you can kick these recipes up a notch to fit every family's taste.
- Sunday breakfast will never be the same once your family tries Ooey Gooey Blueberry "French Toast."
- Whether you're making Perfect Roast Chicken or Mighty Meaty Meatloaf for dinner, Real-Deal Rice Pilaf makes a surefire side dish.
- Pizzazy Pizza Sandwiches are an after-school hit any day of the week.
- Is it time for a party? Miss Hilda's Popcorn Cake looks almost too good to eat!
What more could a family ask for? These 76 recipes have been specially chosen by Chef Emeril to include steps for every family member, from small hands to big ones. Instead of kids asking, "What's for dinner?"they'll be saying, "Let's make Very Veggie Lasagna tonight!"
So what are you waiting for? Everybody get cooking!
About the Author
Emeril Lagasse is a chef, restaurateur, and author of fourteen bestselling cookbooks including Emeril's New New Orleans Cooking, which introduced his creative take on Creole cuisine, and Emeril 20-40-60: Fresh Food Fast. He is the proprietor of thirteen restaurants across the country.
As a national TV personality, he is the host of The Emeril Lagasse Show on ION Television and Emeril Green on Discovery's Planet Green. He is also the food correspondent for ABC's Good Morning America. His shows Essence of Emeril and Emeril Live can be seen on the Food Network.
In 2002, Emeril established the Emeril Lagasse Foundation to support children's education and nonprofit organizations with culinary, nutrition, garden, arts, and life-skills programs. Projects funded include an outdoor classroom, gardens, and the Edible Cafeteria and Teaching Kitchen at Edible Schoolyard New Orleans. As of November 2009, the foundation has contributed more than $3.2 million to children's causes in New Orleans, Las Vegas, and on the Gulf Coast.